It Has Taken a Few Days

 

Good Morning Lovies. I know it has been a bit since my last "confession", but I also needed a few days to gather my thoughts before I put them down on paper; so to speak. 

This weekend was one to celebrate the men in our lives. Our fathers, husbands, brothers and sons... all of whom have earned the title of "dad", in one form or another. 

Similar Mother's Day, this is a difficult one for me, but in a very different way.

I spend the day reflecting on the father that raised me from the time I was 5 months old. He will always be my "Dad", and I will always be Daddy's Girl. I sent him a text wishing him a "Happy Father's Day". 

(There is a reason it is in text).

I carry much sadness on this day as well. I do not really hold anger anymore; simply because the angry is wasted on a despicable human that could not care less what her actions have caused, so it is simply a wasted energy I don't have to spare. I will NEVR give her the satisfaction of hurting me, in any way shape nor form.

I mourn for the man I never knew. I cry for the loss I never got to experience... for the missing piece that will forever be ripped out of my heart and my life. I wish my dad, my flesh and blood a Happy Father's Day, and I am grateful for my baby sister, who shares stories about him. I may not have met him, but I get to know what kind of man and father he was through her. (Thank you Mar).

I know I am not the only one who struggles on days like Father's Day, so I really wanted to take a moment and acknowledge those who are having a hard time. I would like to reassure you that you are NOT allow. There is no right nor wrong way to cope with what you're feeling; I simply hope you have people around you who are able to support you as much in you darkest moments as they've been in the best. 

The only way we get through the tough times is TOGETHER!!

Stay safe. Be well and Be LOVED

~ Phoenix





Comments