The Struggle is Real
Good Morning Lovies. I hope you have a good day. My mental state is okay today; but that can change quickly as I am in quite the fibro flare these days... my legs feel like lead, and my feet feel like they are concrete blocks. If you have never saw me like this before, I look like a baby giraffe taking its first steps.
Sorry, it's better to laugh than cry, for me.
Anyone with fibromyalgia or ANY disorder that gives you chronic pain (among a million other health issues), you know what I am talking about!!
I am not going to sit here and bitch about the various levels of Fibro, but it IS progressive and deteriorating. It sucks because I was diagnosed with it in my late teens; something I've lived with for a good 35 years now.
I guess what I am really getting at, is the amount of medications they push on you, and how much of a guinea pig I have been through the years. The biggest issue with me is that my liver doesn't function properly (through no fault of my own) and I have a MASSIVE list of allergies; making it very limited on what I can take for whichever condition. I am very restricted on medications I can take for my pain, and the options I do not like.
You might ask why I am writing about this today?
It's as simple as I started a new medication 6 days ago, and it makes me awfully sick. I know I have to stick it out for my own health. I did it before. I KNOW I am going to feel like this for two WEEKS, and then it will settle down, only for the dosage to be upped; and basically RINSE & REPEAT for another two weeks. I am already begging and pleading with whomever, that I can stay on this medication and not have to increase it after that.
The struggle is real!!!
I am going to end this off with a bit of a lecture, on behalf of all of us who suffer from "invisible" disabilities. We are sick and tired of people looking at us sideways because most of the time, you cannot see how disabled we truly are. Most days, I am okay to walk a few steps. I cannot tell you how painful they are neither. I try to power through them, but there is no way I am able to walk through an entire store to do my shopping ~ something I absolutely hate, because I love picking out my own groceries.
People do not realize how fortunate they are, being able to walk... they should thank whichever deity they worship because all I can say is the struggle is real, and reality is painful!!!
~ Phoenix
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment