Unpopular Opinion

 Hi Lovies. I hope the day has treated you well. What I am going to say will probably not be a very welcomed opinion; but, who would I be if I didn't voice what I personally feel on a situation... even if it went against the norm; or mainstream???

I am going to discuss Lindsay Clancy!!!

I have not sat in front of the telly every day to see and hear the ins and outs of the trial; but I have heard enough to voice an opinion.

Let's be clear, before I write anymore, understand that I am writing this as a daughter, mother, grandmother, sister, aunt, etc. 

I have never been perfect in any of those relationships BUT I can share my own experiences that help explain my reaction to this entire tragedy!!! Something that could have been prevented, where a system failed the most vulnerable of our society... CHILDREN!!!

To make a long story very short, Lindsay Clancy murdered her three children, by strangling them. She then attempted suicide by jumping out the window on the second floor. It was a failed attempt. Her husband, Patrick came home to find her in the yard, and his three babies, Cora (5 yrs), Dawson (2 yrs) and Callan (8 months) in the basement. Two died immediately, while the youngest clung to life for a few more days. I could not imagine the heartache Patrick, the family and loved ones felt at such a tragic and disturbing loss.

I will say this briefly... YES, Lindsay Clancy dealt with a lot of mental health issues; but so do most people in this world. Between 2019 and 2023, Lindsay had been mostly under psychiatric care, in one form or another. She was taking meds, and family was reassured by professionals that she was not suicidal, she was NOT in psychosis; but she was suffering from insomnia. 

(This was from her 5 day stay in the hospital on January 1, 2023).

On January 23rd, she had a virtual appointment with her doctor, who was assured that she was depressed, but not suicidal, nor did she have any homicidal thoughts. The following day is when the world for the Clancy family changed forever.

Around 5pm, on January 24, 2023, Lindsay had asked her husband to go get some take-out food for dinner and pick up some medication. It was in the time he was gone that she strangled her children, and attempted suicide. (which left her paralyzed from the waist down).

At an arraignment on February 7, 2023, Clancy pleaded not guilty to charges including murder, strangulation, and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. Here is where the prosecution argued that the killings were deliberately premeditated, with Clancy intentionally giving her husband errands in order to get him out of the house so that she could kill the children. Lindsay's defense team admitted to the killings but raised the insanity defense, arguing that she was not responsible for her actions due to severe postpartum mental illness.

The case went to trial on July 27, 2026 in the Plymouth County Superior Court in Plymouth, Massachusetts.

As it stands right now, they are fighting to have her sentenced with the insanity plea.... I, for one, do NOT agree with that. Many, many women suffer from postpartum and suicidal ideology.. that doesn't give us a free pass on murdering people, does it? I do NOT believe for one second she was dealing with postpartum depression... several mental health specialists had met with her... she was in their care; every single one of them said she was NOT in psychosis. 

How is it possible that so many professionals could get it wrong???

Patrick and Lindsay have both filed separate lawsuits for malpractice... as well as Patrick filed for divorce. To end this off, I do NOT believe she was suffering from postpartum, and if she was; that still isn't a "get out of jail free" card... 

I stand tall in my stance that mental health is not an excuse for bad behaviour and breaking the law. I feel if you are mentally ill, and commit murder... your sentence should still be life... Stay in a maximum secured psychiatric facility; once you are on the proper medicine regime, they should  be transported to a prison for the remainder of their lives; bring them their meds at the required time, and that's it. They are just like any other criminal. sorry, not sorry.

The only victims in this story are the children and their father. People need to get off their high horse and stop blaming the father; deflecting the blame is not going to change the fact that Lindsay Clancy murdered her own children... no one forced her. END OF STORY!!!

~ Phoenix




Comments